Effective March 16, 2020.
COVID-19 (CORONA VIRUS)
We hope this message finds you well. The Housing Authority of Town of Manchester remains committed to creating quality living environments as a foundation for individuals to achieve their full potential. Due to increasing concerns surrounding the possible spread of COVID-19 both globally and domestically, we believe it is in the best interest of the vulnerable populations we serve to temporarily close our offices until further notice.
All community events, inspections, briefings, and activities have been postponed until we know more about COVID-19. Although our offices will be closed, we will continue to accept vital documents via email, fax or drop box (located outside our main office). To help prevent the spread of germs, we strongly encourage these documents to be submitted electronically.
- Offices will be closed to the Public – Staff available to residents only via telephone/email
- Close Community Room – Will allow residents to come in to refill their laundry cards between the hours of 10:00 am – 2:00 pm – Need to call receptionist desk
- Provide drop-box at front door and lobby/main entrance on off-site locations
- Maintenance handling only emergency work orders, grounds and empty units
- Remind residents about interim recerts if loss/deduction of income
- Assure residents that staff increasing the frequency of daily cleaning with special focus on high-traffic and high touch areas, including building, entrance doors, elevator controls, mailboxes.
MHA’s leadership team understands that these changes may present an inconvenience for the public however, the health and safety of our clients and the community is of the utmost importance to our agency’s mission.
Over the next several weeks, we will continue to monitor federal, state and local ordinances surrounding COVID-19 and communicate any needed changes appropriately.
For the latest information from the
State of Connecticut on COVID-19 visit ct.gov/coronavirus.
For the latest information CoVid-19 visit
For the latest information from HUD regarding CoVid-19
HUD.gov COVID-19 Resources Page
Letter to Executive Directors, Tribal Leaders, and Multifamily Property Owners
Information about resources and information that the Office of Public and Indian Housing and the Office of Multifamily Housing have provided regarding COVID-19.
If you need to speak to your worker, please see below
name and extension and email address
RECEPTIONIST: Nancy Fuggetta EXT. 100 [email protected]
PUBLIC HOUSING: Martha Bertrand EXT. 107 [email protected]
Stephen Itsou EXT. 106 [email protected]
SECTION 8 HCV: Karen Abraitis EXT. 103 [email protected]
Jackie Mercado EXT. 112 [email protected]
JOHN J D’AMELIA Otilia “Tillie” Jones EXT. 115 [email protected]
Ann Walsh EXT. 114 [email protected]
Lalisa West EXT. 108 [email protected]
RSO Maryann Murray EXT. 110 [email protected]
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE Cheryl Stout EXT. 117 [email protected]
MAINTENANCE David Daigle [email protected]